Measure & monitor
mucosal healing changes over time
The first and only serum test to measure
mucosal healing status in Crohn's disease (CD) patients.
- Comprehensive: Features a proprietary algorithm specific to mucosal
healing and a unique combination of 13 biomarkers to evaluate multiple mucosal damage
and repair processes, regardless of disease location
- Quantitative: Every test report provides a single objective Mucosal
Healing Index Score that is consistent with severity of disease (remission – mild
to moderate – severe)* – Scores can be tracked over time to assess response to therapeutic
- Actionable: Provides valuable information beyond endoscopy, biopsy,
or inflammatory biomarkers
- Flexible: Can be used any time and during any type of treatment
Well-characterized serum samples (N = 748) from 396 adult CD patients were utilized for the development and validation of the Mucosal Healing Index algorithm.1-3
Samples were divided into training and validation sets, to provide a Mucosal Healing Index Score that ranges from 0 to 100, and biomarkers were mathematically modeled against endoscopic disease severity (CDEIS or Simple Endoscopic Score-CD [SES-CD]).
* In a study where 748 serum samples from 396 CD patients were divided into 2 cohorts:
335 samples from 278 patients were used to develop the Mucosal Healing Index (biomarker
expression was modeled against endoscopic scoring CDEIS or SES-CD) and
412 samples from 118 CD patients were analyzed with endoscopic scoring for independent
90% concordance rate with endoscopically visualized mucosal inflammation2
† In a study where 748 serum samples from 396 CD patients were retrospectively analyzed.
Remission was defined as CDEIS <
3 and mild endoscopic disease was defined as CDEIS 3-8. Endoscopic evidence of active
disease was defined as CDEIS ≥ 3. Specimens that fell within Mucosal Healing Index
(MHI) range 41-49 had an observed 78% probability of active disease.
- Establish a baseline measurement at initial presentation
- Assess disease activity and response to therapeutic management
- Optimize your treatment plan
- Counsel patients about therapeutic management goals
- Reinforce importance of patient compliance to continue therapy
- Vermeire S, D'Haens G, Hale M, et al. A novel serum test to describe the mucosal
healing state by disease location in Crohn's disease patients. Accepted for presentation
at: World Congress of Gastroenterology; October 13-18, 2017; Orlando, FL.
- Kelly OB, Silverberg MS, Dulai PD, et al. Development and validation of a multi-marker
serum test for the assessment of mucosal healing in Crohn's disease patients. Accepted
for presentation at: World Congress of Gastroenterology; October 13-18, 2017; Orlando,
- Data on file. Prometheus Laboratories, Inc.
Monitr is a laboratory-developed test that was developed and validated under Federal CLIA laboratory guidelines, and is performed exclusively by Prometheus Laboratories Inc.